Wednesday

Faux Magazine Covers ala "Men In Black"



One wonderfully bright autumn day in 2002 I rallied the troops and asked (translation:begged) them to get dressed in their black suits. The light and colors were incredible that day and I wanted to get some shots of my sons outdoors. I wanted to juxtapose their dressed-up figures against the less formal landscape.


I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the final shots, but hey, it was spontaneous and everyone agreed it was lots of fun. The twins got dressed-up, but my oldest refused to get "dressed-up for no reason", but allowed us to use his car in the shoot. He's great, but doesn't always allow me to cajole him into my silly whims. I admire his tenacity in this matter. I did manage to sneak a photo of him in anyway(inset in top mag).


The photo-shoot took place around the time of the release of the "Men In Black" movies. Since we all really enjoyed the movies, I thought it would be fun to take a couple of shots with the boys in their sunglasses posed like the MIB characters. Having myself grown up in the Cold War Era with spies and espionage tv shows and movies like 007 and lesser known offerings, such as Dean Martin's "Matt Helm" movies, I decided to do some faux magazine covers. I had a lot of fun putting these together.


No comments: