Thursday

Photo for a Rainy Day

Sometimes I get lucky. I shot this image as one of many for a poster I was working on for a theatre client. The production was - you guessed it - "Singing in the Rain". I once again roped one of my sons into modeling. We did this shoot in the backyard. The poster concept was a hit. The production never made it to stage (a long story), but this photo did get to enjoy some limelight.

One day my brother stopped by to visit. He was drinking a Jones Soda in the bottle He mentioned to me that the images on the bottles were sent in by consumers. Regular Joes. I grabbed it and sure'nuf I could upload my images for consideration. The best part is they are chosen by other consumers voting on them until they get into the top ten or so and then they are judged by the folks at Jones Soda. Only 1 percent of all entries make it to a bottle. Guess what? The above image made it. So for his fifteen minutes of fame my son was smiling his fabulous smile at the fine consumers of soda from store shelves across America. We found a few bottles locally. Disc Exchange seemed to have the most locally.

So get out there and photograph something. There are lots of contests to enter with photos. It is a great boost to your spirit to know you've captured something everyone enjoys.

Have a great art day!

No comments: