Saturday

ISTE NECC and Washington DC

ISTE NECC Main Area
Overview of Vendor area during load in

Really cool house for sale across from the hotel
Back from ISTE NECC 2009. It was great. Lots of information to process. Attended talks and lectures, and the opening welcome was excellent. The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is HUGE! I spent a lot of time trying to locate specific booths, lecture rooms, etc. But it was fun and worth it. I met a lot of great teachers. There were also lots of opportunities to win yummy prizes like Flip cameras, iTouchs, iPhones, Netbooks and more. Sadly, no matter how many t-shirts I donned, or how many vendors scanned my nametag, I did not come home with those fabulous prizes.

PBS gave away some amazing totes filled with resources. Everyone had a gimmick. You either had to wear their giveaway t-shirts to be eligible, participate in a 'adventure passport' or be present to win. With all the options I heard a lot of teachers wishing to clone themselves.
Some of the lectures/presentations were canceled forcing us to quickly find something else of interest to attend and then find the room. Did I mention that the Convention Center is HUGE?

All in all it was a wonderful experience. I am still defragging. It will take me a while to go through my tote-full of goodies, notes and business cards. Glad I had my iPhone. The above photos were taken with it. Since I had to ride the subway and walk (alot) I did not want to be burdened by too many devices. My goody tote had to weigh 20 lbs that first day, so I was glad to have my trusty iPhone to snap a few pics for you.

Oh...and the pic of the house...that was across the street from my hotel. It is for sale. If I win the lottery, you can visit me there.

Happy 4th. Be safe! Be creative!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Hey, Sandi! What a great time you must have had! Sounds huge and wears me out just to think about it. What fun!
Love,
Ruby

Rusha Sams said...

Where was this and what does ISTE stand for?