Thursday

A Trillium?

Another find in my yard. I believe this is a trillium. I found a few species online that sort of look like this one, but nothing definitive yet. I have someone looking at it for me to determine yay or nay. The morel was identified as a Yellow Morel. I would not let my husband mow the rest of the yard yesterday until I've combed it for more fabulous flora. He was not heartbroken over not mowing. Dad came over today to help and I had to give him detailed instructions on where he could mow.

These guys, bless them for helping, but they love to mow things down! Pretty or not. Weed or not. I transplanted an old growth hydrangea from an abandoned farmhouse (yes, I had permission) a couple of years ago. I have yet to see it bloom. Everyone goes out of their way to mow them down. I've tried wire cages. One of the boys moved it to mow thinking it had been misplaced from the veg garden.

Tomorrow rain is forecast. I won't be in the gardens or lawn, so it's back to painting, drawing and work! It is just too hard to stay indoors on these first beautiful days of Spring!

No comments: