Saturday

Tools for Artists

Illustrating a Cowboy in Photoshop and Illustrator from Jelle Gijsberts on Vimeo.

Take a look at how this artist is using Adobe Illustrator. I think you will like this. There are a lot of good illustrators and artists using these tools in amazing ways.

I love Adobe Illustrator. It is such a versatile tool for today's artists. I can not help but imagine how the Great Masters (Rembrandt, daVinci, Durer) would utilize this amazing tool. I think they would love the ability to create and manipulate their concepts these programs.

Illustrator is not for the faint of heart. But once you understand it, you wonder how you ever created without it. My students whine about it when I first introduce them to the wonders of Bezier and vectors. Most of them have had some exposure to Photoshop and think that Illustrator is just a different version of it. Wrong. The students come around after a few lessons and learn the power of vectors!

Hope you enjoy this video.

No comments: